If you are a Windows 10 Insider and are having some issues installing the latest 15007 Build we have some bad news and some good news for you.
The bad news is that this is a known issue, but the good news is that it is self-resolving. Microsoft noted that there is an issue where the installation proceeds to 99% and appears to get stuck. Microsoft suggests that users not reboot, but just wait it out, as there is a bug which causes the installation to take an abnormal amount of time. It will however eventually complete.
There are a number of further added known issues with the build, which include:
- ADDED 1/10: Under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update you might see the text “Some Settings are managed by your organization” even though your PC isn’t being managed by an organization. This is a bug caused by an updated flight configuration setting for Insider Preview builds and does not mean your PC is being managed by anyone.
- ADDED 1/13: If you’re experiencing an issue getting stuck at 0% downloading this build – check out this forum post.
- ADDED 1/13: During the installation of this build, Insiders may experience a storport.sys bugcheck (GSOD) causing them to rollback to the previous build. There is currently no workaround.
- ADDED 1/13: If you’re experiencing an issue where your PC gets to 99% and appears stuck – sit tight and don’t do anything (such as rebooting). There is a bug causing the installation to take an abnormal amount of time.
- ADDED 1/13: On some PCs, audio stops working sporadically with ‘device in use’ error”. We are investigating. Restarting the audio service may fix things for a bit.
For Mobile Microsoft is also investigating reports of frequent reboots, saying:
- ADDED 1/13: We’re investigating reports of random reboots on some devices with this build.
The rest of the Build 15007 changelog and known issues can be read here.