Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft’s Windows Developer Day is being held today, where the company is expected to detail some of the main developer features coming with the Windows 10 Creators Update. You can watch the live-stream below:
The live stream starts at 9AM PST, in case you’re wondering. Here’s the full agenda for the day:
- Keynote (09:00 – 10:00 AM) – Kevin Gallo takes us on a tour of what’s new in Windows 10 Creators Update. He’ll apply a developer’s lens as he shows off new Windows capabilities and tooling and will share some news along the way.
- Improving user engagement with Windows and Cortana Skills (10:15 – 10:45 AM) – Engaging with your users has always been a challenge, especially now that each user wants their app experience to flow seamlessly between their many devices. In this session, we’ll explore how you can meet this need regardless of platform and form factor—whether the devices use small screens, big screens, or no screens at all. We’ll also discuss improvements with the Windows Desktop Bridge.
- Building personal and productive apps with Composition and XAML updates (10:50 – 11:20 AM) – First impressions are important, so one of our goals with the Windows 10 Creators Update is to make it easier to deliver beautiful, engaging Windows app experiences. In this session, we’ll discuss how the Creators Update will help simplify building apps that feel more natural (using Ink and Dial) and more beautiful (using Composition advances). We’ll not only walk through the big new improvements, but also highlight some of the smaller tweaks that can be just as important, like menus, dialogs, scrollbars and keyboards.
- Using the Windows Store to enhance your app (11:25 – 11:55 AM) – The Windows Store and Windows Dev Center are constantly improving to meet the evolving needs of developers and the market. In this session, we’ll explore new Windows Store capabilities that make it easier for customers to find and acquire your apps and games, and Dev Center improvements that optimize your app submissions and management workflows.
- Developer tools and updates (12:00 – 12:30 PM) – Windows is built for developers, and the Windows 10 Creators Update is no exception. In this session, we’ll focus on how Visual Studio 2017 and the Windows 10 Creators Update make you more productive. We’ll discuss updates to the Windows Device Portal, improvements to Windows Developer Mode, Bash and Console, and many other cool advances.
- Speaker panel / Q&A (12:35 – 1:05 PM) – After a few hours of telling you what’s new, Kevin Gallo and the Windows engineering team will take the stage and answer your questions. The team loves hearing straight from our developers, and talking straight with our developers. Join us and submit your questions live.