VLC for Windows 10 on both PCs and mobile phones has received an update to version 2.2.0.
The main points of the new Windows 10 update to the app – aside from a slew of bug fixes with regards to SD Card Discovery on Mobile, it also introduces better support for HD playback and brings the app back to Mobile.
Here’s the changelog:
- Fix a potential deadlock when dismissing a dialog
- Fix camera roll appearing in the regular video collection
- Fix systematic black screen after a full playback
- Fix SD card discovery on Windows Mobile
- Fix potential crash when switching between audio collection tabs
- Fix potential thumbnailer deadlock
- Fix media library re-indexing
- Fix wrong thumbnail being displayed in SMTC
- Fix potential crash when browsing folders
- Fix potential deadlock when discovering media
- Use the correct swapchain resolution
- Add support for encrypted password store
- Improve dialog navigation on Xbox1
- Various WM10 UI fixes
- Add previous/next buttons for video playback
- Fix duplicated network shares display
- Various command bar improvements
- Improve hardware decoding support
- Allow audio items deletion
- New subtitle rendering engine with font fallback
- Major playlist & playback code rewrite
VLC is one of the best media players on both PC and Mobile devices across platforms, and the return of VLC to the Windows Mobile store should be pleasing to users of Microsoft’s platform.
You can download VLC for Windows 10 from Microsoft’s Windows Store here.
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh4vvnh]