Vivaldi today released v1.13 of their super customizable 3rd party browser with new features designed to make organizing your tabs easier.
V1.13 brings the Windows Panel, which offers superior tab management. The panel opens to the side of your browser and offers a “tree-style” view of tabs. You can conveniently navigate them via your keyboard, group them into Tab Stacks and more. In addition to this, the list shows all tabs without compacting their size. Searching or sorting to track down a tab is easier than before.
- Drag tabs to change their order.
- Group tabs by topic to save space.
- Tile Tab Stacks to compare several web pages side by side.
- Hibernate unused tabs or Tab Stacks for better performance.
- Pin tabs to ensure they always stay open.
- Mute sound in specific tabs.
The update also brings improvements to downloads, with the following new features:
- Warning dialogue when closing the browser before a download is complete.
- Ability to pause and resume downloads.
- Download speed displayed in the download progress bar.
There is of course also the usual under the hood bug fixes and performance improvements.
See the new features demoed below:
You can download the updated browser for free here.