Verto Studio LLC today announced Verto Studio VR for HoloLens and Windows Holographic Devices.
The app is a fully-capable holographic 3D modeling studio and generalized augmented reality tool. The app supports importing of FBX, DAE, OBJ, STL (and more) files, allowing users to download thousands of different wire mesh models or create their own. Any 3D file that users have sitting on their PC or tablet is now instantly a hologram-capable file.
Verto Studio can perform optimizations such as reducing polygon count directly on the holographic device to enable turning just about any kind of 3D model into a hologram-ready experience.
The app boasts truly 3D holographic editing tools such as box select, 3-axis translation, and rotation. Also included is built-in cloud integration for easy access to user documents for both import and export purposes. For engineering and to-scale applications, real-world unit measurements in meters are available for holographic 3D models within the app.
Just like its mobile & desktop counterparts, texture assignment (diffuse & bump maps) are available and images can be sourced through the aforementioned cloud integration support.
One of the most graceful features within the app is the ability to hide the interface and enter a futuristic “Presentation Mode” which allow display of holograms without any distractions.
- DAE,OBJ,STL,FBX file import
- Verto Studio file format support via Verto Studio Cloud or Other Cloud Services
- Polygonal Mesh generation
- Terrain generator (height field)
- 3D Sketch tool
- Mesh Augmentation
- Polygon reduction
- Polygon extrusion
- Polygon subdivision
- Texture coordinate editor
- Editing features
- Vertex Translation/Rotation/Scaling
- Metric display of position & size measurements for 3D holograms
- Material editor
- Texture mapping
- Multiple Real-time shading modes and rendering of diffuse & bump texture maps
- Real-time scaling, moving, rotating, panning, auto scene re-orientation
See the app in action below:
The app requires a Windows Holographic compatible device running Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later.
Verto Studio VR launches for $99.99 (USD), through the Windows Store in the Productivity category.