Nearly 10 months ago, we reported that UC Browser is coming to Windows 10. After months of waiting, the browser is finally available from the Windows Store. The new UC Browser for Windows 10 is a full-featured browser with lots of features that seems like a pretty good alternative to Microsoft Edge. Unfortunately, the app is only available for PCs.
The browser has a minimalistic UI similar to Microsoft Edge that allows you to focus on the content. To make things even better, UC has included a tablet mode that adapts to the device you are using — for instance, if you are using the Surface Book with a keyboard and mouse, you will get the normal desktop UI but once you enable the tablet mode, you will get an improved UI that’s easy to interact with touch on a tablet.
UC has also included some neat mouse gestures built in the app. The browser also includes a built-in password manager, voice search, support for Cloud Sync, and more:
- Minimalist UI: Focus on the content.
- Switch Between Tablet and Mouse/Keyboard Mode: If you are using a 2-in-1 computer like Surface Pro or Surface Book, it’s easy to switch the layout by turning on/off Tablet Mode.
- Mouse Gesture: Right-click and move to go back, forward, reload page, etc.
- Smart Address Bar(Omnibar): Just type one letter to get most relevant suggestion. You can also use it to find matching bookmarks and browsing history, or enter any words to launch search engine.
- Tile-view Bookmarks: Colorful and touch-friendly design for bookmarks.
- InPrivate Window: Don’t want to leave browsing trace on the device? Go for InPrivate Window.
- Cloud Sync: Sync bookmarks between mobile/other PCs by logging in to UC browser.
- New Tab: Metro-style Magnet for popular sites.
- Password Manager: Store your login info of all kinds of websites and lock them with a PIN. Easy to retrieve and edit.
- Voice Search: Tap the microphone icon and say the words. We will take care of the rest.
- Tab Stack: Smart tab-stacking to locate the active tab in a glance when there are many tabs open.
- Floating Navigator: Use the sphere to quickly search, go forward and back, and view all the tabs.
UC’s Windows 10 UWP app is currently rolling out, and you can get it here from the Windows Store — if it isn’t available for you yet, just check back in a few hours.