Twitter has released a new update for its PWA app. The update brings the new features and improvements that were introduced by Twitter recently. You can head below to take a look at the changelog for the Twitter PWA update.
- DMs: The media upload buttons in the DM composer will now dynamically show and hide on smaller screens to give you more space for composing messages.
- Quote Tweets: “Retweets with comments” are now known as Quote Tweets! This change has been rolled out globally for Web. Look for Quote Tweets between Retweets and Likes on the Tweet detail screen, and the Quote Tweet option in the Retweet dropdown menu.
- Composer: Clicking a conversation card will now show a preview of the card within the composer after opening.
- DM Drawer: Opening a link for a Tweet or Event from a DM on the Messages screen will now navigate you to the correct page, and open the DM Drawer to the conversation you opened the link from.
- Emoji Picker: The Emoji Picker’s performance should now be a lot smoother and snappier when opening and scrolling through categories.
- Tweet Detail: All timestamps on the Tweet Detail screen will now link to the Tweet’s URL location.
- Accessibility: Improved carousel accessibility. Tab focus and keyboard shortcuts should no longer cause the carousel layout to break on Safari. Voiceover will now properly announce the current carousel position.
- Accessibility: The Tweet Detail should now be properly accessible via keyboard shortcuts on Safari.
- Composer: The Tweet composer should now properly focus when opened from menus such as the Retweet dropdown.
- Conversations: Muting a user on the conversation screen will now hide their Tweets.
- DMs: When blocking a user in the message requests inbox, you will now still have access to the conversation for historical purposes.
- DMs: When blocked by another user through DMs, navigating to the user’s profile page will no longer display an error state.
- Events: When sharing an Event, the title will now properly populate in the Tweet composer.
- Notifications Screen: Navigating to twitter.com/mentions will now take you to your Mentions tab on the Notifications Screen instead of displaying an empty profile page.
- User Picker: Selecting a user with a long display name should no longer cause the selection pill to extend beyond the picker container when tagging users in media, or adding them to DMs.
- Video: The docked video player will now accurately show elapsed time.
- Video: The video preview image will no longer display under the “Watch again” overlay.
- Who to Follow: Fixed an issue where the Who to follow module on the sidebar wouldn’t display.
Since Twitter has a PWA, you will not need to update the app manually. The update will apply automatically and while Twitter has released it, the update might take a while to get to everyone. Twitter has been pretty transparent in disclosing the changelog for the updates and the company has been rolling out updates at regular intervals. The Twitter PWA is available on smartphones (mobile.twitter.com), Twitter for Windows, Twitter for KaiOS, and Twitter Lite on Android.