Sphero is an interactive and engaging robot – in ball form. Orbotix, the world’s leading connected toy maker, today announced that Sphero 2.0 – the robot ball and game system – is now available for Windows Phone 8 smartphones and Windows 8-powered devices. Also, Sphero will also roll into Microsoft’s U.S. retail stores this summer.
Meet the only app capable of keeping up with Sphero.
This is the central app for Sphero and a required app for all Sphero owners. Use it to get rolling with Sphero Original or 2.0, upgrade firmware and personalize your gameplay like never before. Level up your individual Sphero’s speed, colors, core reactor, and boost times. Complete missions, purchase tricks, and master your skills. The more you play with Sphero, the better he gets.
You need to own a Sphero Robotic Ball in order to use this application. Visit GoSphero.com to get Sphero 2.0, learn more from our tutorial videos, or become part of the Sphero community.
- Level up your Sphero’s speed as you master your driving skills
- Unlock your Sphero’s brightness with millions of colors as you level up
- Earn color upgrades, tricks, core reactor upgrades, and more
- Complete challenges to help Sphero save his home planet
- Receive important Sphero notifications and firmware updates.
To celebrate the launch, Sphero is hosting a robot toy giveaway that runs through June 16th 2014. For a chance to win a new Sphero 2.0, Sphero Windows and Windows Phone users should go to: http://www.gosphero.com/win-a-sphero-microsoft/