Yahoo today announced the launch of a new app called Yahoo Together. Yahoo together is a blatant rip-off of Slack, a popular enterprise messaging tool. Think of Yahoo Together as a consumer version of Slack. In Together, you can create Topics (like Channels in Slack) for family, friends, book clubs and others to split up your conversations with topics. You can follow the channels you care about, and mute the rest. Like any other modern messaging app, Yahoo Together supports attaching images, GIFs and files in conversations. Together also allows you to attach a smart reminder to any message and the group will get notified at the scheduled time.
- Topics — Keep your group conversations ultra-organized with topics.
- Secret topics — Use secret topics like Mom’s Birthday Surprise for private conversations.
- Reminders — Make plans and don’t flake out. Automatically set group reminders by tapping a message and hitting remind.
- Custom reactions — Make inside jokes official. Use any image or selfie to design custom reactions.
- Mute — Turn off notifications for topics that are a snore.
- Blasts — Hit blast to make sure everyone in your group sees important messages.
- Attachments — Share photos, documents or links. Easily find them later all in one place.
- Activity view — Never miss an important message. Know when you are mentioned, all in one view.
- Privacy — Invite your group with a link. No need to share your contacts with us.