Telsa’s share price dropped nearly 6% on the announcement of the Tesla Cybertruck, likely due to the very controversial design, but it seems those who like it, like it a lot.
On Twitter, Elon Musk has just announced the Tesla CyberTruck pre-order numbers and surprisingly 146,000 people have already placed reservations for the vehicle.
146k Cybertruck orders so far, with 42% choosing dual, 41% tri & 17% single motor
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 23, 2019
Surprisingly only 17% of buyers chose the cheapest $39,900 single motor version, while a massive 41% chose the most expensive tri-motor version. In theory, the Tesla CyberTruck pre-order numbers amount to more than $8 billion in pre-orders.
The numbers will be compared with the Tesla Model 3, which managed more than 500,000 pre-orders with a much larger $1000 deposit required. You only need to put down $100 to pre-order a Tesla Cybertruck.
Update: Elon Musk added the next day that another 41,000 reservations have been received, adding a minimum of $1.6 billion to the total value of the pre-orders.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 24, 2019
Update 2: Musk has posted another update, putting the total reservations at 200,000, and the total pe-orders at more than $10 billion in value.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 25, 2019
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 27, 2019
Highlights of Tesla Cybertruck include:
- With up to 3,500 pounds of payload capacity and adjustable air suspension, Cybertruck is the most powerful tool we have ever built, engineered with 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage — including a magic tonneau cover that is strong enough to stand on.
- Space for your toolbox, tire and Cyberquad, with room to spare. Utilize 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage — including the under-bed, frunk and sail pillars.
- With the ability to pull near infinite mass and a towing capability of over 14,000 pounds, Cybertruck can perform in almost any extreme situation with ease. echoua.com
- Raise and lower suspension four inches in either direction for easy access to Cybertruck or the vault, while self-leveling capabilities adapt to any occasion and assist with every job.
- Seat six comfortably with additional storage under the second-row seats. Complete with an advanced 17” touchscreen with an all-new customized user interface.
- From rugged to refined, Cybertruck is completely adaptable for your needs. Prepare for every experience with a versatile utilitarian design — including on-board power and compressed air.
Tesla single motor RWD will cost $39,900, Dual motor AWD will cost $49,900 and Tri motor AWD will cost $69,900. Self-driving unit will cost an extra $7000.
You can join the queue by pre-ordering a Tesla Cybertruck here by paying $100 deposit.