In this day and age of increased snooping by both hackers and governments, it has never been more important to use an anonymous messaging service with end-to-end encryption which is not driven by some commercial or political agenda.
Popular privacy-focused messaging app Telegram has been updated in the Microsoft Store to version 1.72.
According to the changelog the update a number of user experience improvements:
- Choose who can see your phone number with granular precision in the Privacy and security settings.
- Add group chats in the “Share with / Don’t share with” exceptions of any privacy settings. Permissions will be updated when users enter or leave groups.
- Connect a discussion group to your channel to get a ‘Discuss’ button.
- Instantly integrate bots with web services. Take a look at this for example t.me/DiscussThis/2
- Use the TouchBar in MacBooks Pro to control music playback and switch between fixed chats.
Support a privacy-focussed alternative by getting the app from the Microsoft Store here.
[appbox windowsstore 9nztwsqntd0s]