Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
In this day and age of increased snooping by both hackers and governments, it has never been more important to use an anonymous messaging service with end-to-end encryption which is not driven by some commercial or political agenda.
Popular privacy-focused messaging app Telegram has been updated in the Microsoft Store to version 1.72.
According to the changelog the update a number of user experience improvements:
- Choose who can see your phone number with granular precision in the Privacy and security settings.
- Add group chats in the “Share with / Don’t share with” exceptions of any privacy settings. Permissions will be updated when users enter or leave groups.
- Connect a discussion group to your channel to get a ‘Discuss’ button.
- Instantly integrate bots with web services. Take a look at this for example t.me/DiscussThis/2
- Use the TouchBar in MacBooks Pro to control music playback and switch between fixed chats.
Support a privacy-focussed alternative by getting the app from the Microsoft Store here.
[appbox windowsstore 9nztwsqntd0s]