Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
After Arch Linux, another popular Linux distribution has made its way to the Microsoft Store. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1 is now available from the Microsoft Store and you can download it right now.
Here is how the officials have described the app:
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1 is a multimodal operating system that opens the way for the transformation of IT into the era defined by software. The modern and modular operating system helps simplify multimodal IT, makes traditional IT infrastructure efficient and provides an attractive platform for developers. As a result, business-critical workloads can be easily deployed and transferred to public and local cloud environments. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1, with its multimodal design, helps organizations transform their IT landscape by bridging traditional, software-defined infrastructure.
The official SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1 app comes with the following features.
- Linux on Windows (without a virtual machine)
- True RPM package management using SUSE package repositories.
- System updates with zypper RPM package management.
- rsync, tar, vim, grep, sed, awk and other UNIX tools without having to install or update CygWin.
- Linux has access to the Windows filesystem (Windows drives are automatically mounted in / mnt / directory).
- Linux-style native connectivity using tools like SSH, curl, wget and more.
- SLES offers on every programming language that a developer can choose. Go, Rust, Haskell, C ++, Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, Perl and more
- SLES has multiple libraries for developer needs like libzypp, libvirt, glib, libstorage-ng and more.
- Build libraries shared with libvirt, use the shell script set in libtool-testsuite.
- Use glib as a catch-all utility library for data types, macros, type conversions, string and file utilities and more.
- Native “UNIX style” DNS functions (installed via zypper), such as BIND, pdns, dnsmasq, etc.
- GNU Compiler Collection 8 is available in addition to GCC 7.
For those not aware, running any distribution requires you to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux(WSL) setting in Windows. Here is how you can enable Windows Subsystem for Linux. Once you enable WSL, you are ready to install the Linux distribution of your choice.
You can download the app from the below link, or else hit the Microsoft Store.
[appbox windowsstore 9pn498vpmf3z#]