Microsoft has managed to make us pretty excited about the new version of their Sticky Notes notes app for Windows 10.
The app is getting a massive update, including accompanying mobile apps and a sync services.
The full changelog reads:
- New icon – The app icon has been updated: it is now more modern and in line with Windows 10.
- Dark theme – The dark theme also lands in Sticky Notes.
- Formatting bar – Now it’s easier to format the text (choosing italic, bold, …) thanks to the new toolbar.
- New colors – Colors have been updated; now they are brighter.
- Accessibility – Sticky Notes can be used with accessibility tools and the narrator. Use with the mouse and the keyboard has been improved.
- High contrast – Activating the high contrast will also be set to Sticky Notes.
- Grouping notes and searching – Having different notes, the desktop may become confusing. For this reason a section has been introduced that allows to group the notes and to perform a search.
- Synchronizing notes – Notes are synced to the cloud and eventually Android and iOS smartphones
- Bug fixes and various improvements.
The updated app is rolling out currently and can be found in the Store here.
Update: Unfortunately not quite ready yet, but very soon.
There are still a couple of small issues that we are trying to fix. So it is gonna take a few more days. The screenshots in that article are not from the final build. But it will not take much longer ??
— Reza Jooyandeh ? (@RezaJooyandeh) August 21, 2018
Screenshot and via WBI