Spoticast is a new Windows 10 app for Spotify users that allows them to stream music from Spotify. Spoticast allows you to view all of the music from your Spotify account, and you can also view the other sections such as New Releases and your Spotify playlists, too. As this is a UWP, you can run it on your Windows 10 PC or Mobile, which is pretty nice. Moreover, the app does not require a premium Spotify account which is also a nice feature.
Here’s the full feature list:
- A Spotify client Universal app (Desktop-Tablet-Smartphone)
- No need Premium Spotify account
- Cast on TV: Chromecast, DLNA, AirPlay (AppleTV), Miracast, Smart TV, Internet Box, etc.
- Create and manage your Spotify playlists
- Customize the Search Filter (live, acoustic, remix, covers…)
- 360° videos handled with our application “Video 360.”
- No subscription: buy it once and enjoy it forever on all your devices
It is worth noting that Spoticast doesn’t stream the actual music from Spotify — as it seems like, Spoticast searches for songs on YouTube and then plays those on the app. This is a pretty clever idea as Spotify doesn’t have an official API that allows music streaming on third-party apps.
Spoticast is available for $4.99 on the Windows Store — and if you want to try it out before purchasing, you can get a free 24 hour trial from the Windows Store: