Defying all expectations, Specter, the 3rd party Snapchat app for Windows Phone is still in the store, with the developer actively working on the app.
The app is now up to version 1.4.1 and the update does not add any new features, but does fix some bugs.
The changelog reads:
- Fixed a bug with sending messages.
- Friends page crashing fixed
Of course despite the developer’s efforts the app’s future continues to be tenuous, which users should bear in mind when they consider spending £1.19 for the app.
The developer is however aware of this issue, and has told buyers he intend to continue to make the app available (presumably via side-loading) even if it is removed from the store for some reason.
The app currently supports:
- login with your existing account
- send image and video messages
- receive text, image and video messages
- mark messages as viewed, screenshot or replayed
He is working on
- creating new accounts
- image and video editor
- saving messages to history (and syncing with OneDrive)
- camera on the first page
- posting day messages
- better viewing of messages
- swipe actions
- better media compression
See screen shots of the app, which works on both the desktop and phone, below:
£1.19 is less than a cup of coffee, so if you really want a Snapchat app download Specter from the store here.