Microsoft yesterday released a new Skype build v22.214.171.124 for Insiders. This build brings the ability to archive conversations in Skype. Even though you can archive conversations, you won’t be able to see all your archived conversations at once. Microsoft is still working on providing such option and looking for feedback from users.
Here’s how conversation archive feature works:
- You have the option to archive a conversation from…
- The chat list item menu. (Right click or long press on a conversation)
- The chat settings within the conversation profile
- A keyboard shortcut for the conversation open
- Mac: [Command] + E
- PC: Ctrl + Shift + E
- A conversation will remain archived until…
- Something that would’ve caused the conversation to move up in the chat list happens (example: new message is received, a new person is added to a group, etc.)
- You search for the group conversation or contact and select it to open it
- You go to your contacts list, find the contact for the archived conversation and select it
- You will still be able to use search to find messages in an archived conversation
- When a conversation gets archived from one device, it will be archived on all devices
This new build is available on Android 6+, iOS 10+ devices, and in the desktop clients for Windows, Linux and Mac.