Samsung recently revealed the new ISOCELL Vizion 33D, a ToF (Time-of-Flight) sensor that delivers best-in-class photography and AR/VR experiences. Based on the time it takes for an infrared light signal to travel to and from an object, this sensor allows smartphones to detect depth information in real-time. The Vizion 33D sensor can be used for 3D scanning, video bokeh effects, AR games and more.
ISOCELL Vizion 33D features:
- With its depth sensing capabilities, the ISOCELL Vizion 33D can assist the main camera for accurate and quick autofocus, replacing the laser sensor. Requiring just 200mW, a low level of power consumption, this feature adds liveliness to your photographs.
- Equipped with ISOCELL’s cutting-edge pixel structure, the ISOCELL Vizion 33D provides enhanced power efficiency, enabling the delivery of 3D applications around-the-clock. With a total power consumption of under 400mW for both IR illuminator and the ToF sensor, the 33D makes it possible for users to enjoy powerful 3D features, such as AR games and video bokeh, throughout the day.
- As a high-resolution VGA ToF solution, the ISOCELL Vizion 33D produces depth images with unrivalled precision. In both indoor and outdoor conditions, the sensor can detect the depth of an object within up to 5m with high accuracy.
- Deep Trench Isolation technology (DTI) maximizes isolation between pixels to reduce crosstalk, while Backside Scattering Technology (BST) enhances the sensor’s quantum efficiency.
- To enable precise depth measurement of fast-moving objects, the ISOCELL Vizion 33D features a 4-tap demodulation system and supports frame rate of up to 120fps. Each pixel in the sensor can receive four phase signals simultaneously (0°, 90°, 180°, and 270°), which means it can generate a depth image with just a single frame.
Next generation Samsung Galaxy flagship devices may come with this new ISOCELL Vizion 33D sensor for better photography and AR/VR experiences.