Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
In July 2023, an issue arose on the Roku Channel where viewers encountered pixelated or blocky images on certain shows. Despite efforts over at least two weeks, the problem persisted, impacting shows such as “Coach” and “The Rifleman”??. That issue is Roku Channel Failed to Load Content, so here’s how to fix it:
- Check for Server Errors: Verify if the issue is on the server side by waiting for a few hours and retrying.
- Verify Internet Connection: Check the speed of your internet connection; switch between wired and Wi-Fi connections to see if it resolves the issue.
- Update Roku Software:
- Go to Settings > System >System Update > Check Now.
- Install any available updates.
- Restart Roku Device: Either via Settings> System > System restart or by disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds.
- Remove Problematic Channels:
- Navigate to the channel on your Roku.
- Press the * button on your remote.
- Select Remove channel and Confirm.
- Restart your device and re-add the channel.
- Create a New Roku Account:
- Ensure your account region matches your current location.
- Create a new account if necessary and link it to your Roku device.
- Factory Reset (as a last resort):
- Go to Settings >System>Advanced System Settings >Factory Reset.
- Contact Support: If the issue persists, contact the channel support or Roku support for further assistance.
These steps amalgamate solutions from various sources, providing a thorough approach to resolving the “Roku channel failed to load content” issue.