Update: The developers praised the Xbox One X and said that the added power made native 4K possible unlike PlayStation 4 Pro which is very weak in comparison and uses checkerboarded rendering. The difference is night and day. Even Mike Ybarra commented on the startling differences between the versions and how the game looked better on Xbox One X than even the PC version.
— Mike Ybarra (@XboxQwik) August 26, 2017
Square Enix and award-winning studio Crystal Dynamics today announced enhancements planned for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X. Developed in partnership with Nixxes Software, the Xbox One X enhancements for the award-winning game include premiere graphics and other technical enhancements that leverage the full power of Xbox One X with settings that gamers can tailor to their taste.
Xbox One X players can choose from one of 3 visual modes, including:
• Native 4K Resolution at full 3840 by 2160 pixels for highest fidelity resolution unlike PlayStation 4 Pro which is checkerboarded.
• Enriched Visuals for stunning graphic upgrades.
• High Frame Rate for the smoothest possible gameplay.
New Xbox One X tech enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider include:
• HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology.
• Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos, for true 3D audio.
• Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X.
• Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details.
Additional visual enhancements include:
• Improved volumetric lights.
• Improved reflections.
• Enhanced foliage.
• Upgraded polygonal detail.
• Amplified texture filtering.
Enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X will be available timed to the console’s launch on November 7. Players who have already purchased the game for Xbox One will be able to download and experience these unique features for free on Xbox One X.