Till now, there was no direct process to include Power BI reports in SharePoint Online. Microsoft is today announcing a new feature that makes it easier to include Power BI reports in SharePoint Online. No coding knowledge is required to include the reports. Viewers of the SharePoint Online page will see the report when they visit the page. As expected, user must have access to both the SharePoint Online site as well as the Power BI Report to view the report.
Follow the process below to use this feature.
- Publish your Power BI report to your Power BI account
- Get the URL to the report
- Add the Power BI (preview) web part to your SharePoint Online page
- Paste the URL of the report when prompted
- To finish, save and publish your page!
This new feature is now available for Office 365 First Release customers. Also, you need to have a Power BI Pro license to enjoy this feature.