You can imagine the Opera development team, enveloped by blue smoke and hopped up on microdosing, trying to brainstorm ways to make their browser more popular, and then having the eureka moment. Snapchat! Stickers! Emojis!
And this was born Opera 49 beta, the only browser with a built-in screenshot function which will not just capture the page but also lets you add personalizations such as shapes, drawings, stickers and even selfies.
In case you think I am making it up, see the feature demoed in Opera’s video below:
The new tools include:
- Arrow, to draw attention to something
- Blur, to cover anything private or sensitive
- Pencil, to draw directly on the snapshot or underline text.
- Selfie camera, to add a selfie and make it more personal
- Stickers, because emotions spice up your message
Users are able to share their creations directly to the built-in messenger.
The browser also includes improvements to the history and menu, a refined private mode, custom placement for extensions, VK messenger in the sidebar. and five new currencies for the automatic currency converter.
Read more about the update at Opera here.