Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Windows 10 for ARM on the Lumia 950 XL is a great achievement, but it is still running a PC OS on a tiny 6-inch screen.
The intrepid WOA hackers never rest however and, as promised, ADeltaX has today released a new open source shell for Windows 10 based on Windows Phone.
Designed to run in Windows 10 tablet mode (and ultimately the Lumia 950 XL), and perfectly at home on your laptop, pressing the Start button opens your Start menu, pressing and holding the back button brings up the Task Switcher, and the Search button opens search.
It also features status indicators and a status bar at the top of the screen.
It currently supports:
- Battery status (charging, normal, saving)
- Detects (like w10m):
- Focus Assist
- Location usage
- WiFi (expected to be partially broken)
- Cellular (+ dual sim) -> WIP, expected to be broken
- Tablet mode or Desktop mode (expected to be broken)
- Double tap to sleep
- Click/touch the status bar to open the action center