OnePlus is now rolling out the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 to OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro smartphones. This new update comes almost two weeks after the Open Beta 3 update which introduced useful new features like improved Zen Mode, Work-Life balance.
OnePlus’s latest OxygenOS Open Beta 4 brings a ton of new features too, and the most interesting one that you’d find in this update is the new gesture “Raise to lower the ringtone.” As the name suggests, when enabled, this new feature can detect when you pick up your phone to answer a call, raising your OnePlus 7/7 Pro to answer a phone call will automatically lower the ringtone.
Another noteworthy feature is the new Weather Channel that will act as a data source for accurate weather data. Aside from that, it comes with plenty of bug fixes and improvements. You can see the official changelog below.
- Fixed the screen flashing issue with setup while adding the fingerprint
- Fixed the issue of the accidental muting of a vehicle navigation system with a Bluetooth connection
- Fixed the disabling of mobile data after an upgrade
- Optimized visual effects of the permission’s pop-up window
- Optimized the black and white screen issues with some apps
- Improved system stability and fixed other known issues
- Added the “Raise to lower the ringtone” feature in Sounds & Vibration for incoming calls
- Enabled efficient addition of unknown numbers to contacts
- Optimized the description for the features
- Expanded the dial pad area to avoid mis-touches
- Optimized the message sorting feature by verification code
- Optimized UI and interactive experience
- OnePlus Switch
- Supported transfer of iPhone data through iCloud
- Added The Weather Channel as a data source for accurate weather data
Before you proceed, don’t forget to back up your smartphone and make sure that the battery level is above 30%. Also, 3GB of available storage space is required for a smooth update process.