Microsoft yesterday announced the release of ODBC Driver 13.1 for Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat and SUSE) which enables access to SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL DW from any C/C++ application on Linux.
- BCP API Support
- You can use functions through the ODBC driver as described here on Linux
- Support for user defined KeyStoreProvider for Always Encrypted
- Ubuntu 16.10 support
- Developed a package for Ubuntu 16.10 to ensure an apt-get install experience
- Dependency on the platform unixODBC Driver Manager instead of the custom unixODBC-utf16 Driver Manager
- This avoids conflicts with applications/software that depends on the platform unixODBC Driver Manager
Microsoft yesterday also released the ODBC Driver 13.1 for macOS – Preview. This release adds support for macOS El Capitan with unixODBC Driver Manager and enables access to SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse from any C/C++ application.