Along with the announcement about new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, NVIDIA today announced a new tool called Ansel that will allow gamers to easily take beautiful pictures inside a game as they would in real life. They can compose their shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share their screenshots in 360 degrees on their mobile phone, PC, or VR headset.
Here’s how Ansel can help you take in-game screenshots:
- Free Camera — Roll, zoom and reposition. Go wherever you want to create the perfect photo. Ansel instantly overcomes the limitations of traditional game capture, allowing you to frame the perfect shot.
- Super Resolution — Once you’ve positioned and framed your shot, Ansel allows you to capture screenshots at up to 4.5 gigapixel resolution, or 32x higher than your screen resolution. Using your NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPU, Ansel can render and save these screenshots in just seconds. The result: images that you can downsample to lower resolutions for wall prints, posters or super-high-quality desktop wallpapers.
- Post-Process Filters — So you can tweak the look, feel and mood of your screenshot before saving, Ansel includes brightness, vignette, sketch, color enhancer, field of view and many other special effects options. It lets you create and share your own special FX filters, as enthusiasts do now for ReShade and other post-process applications.
- OpenEXR Capture — If you’ve got a high-dynamic range TV or monitor, you can export Ansel screenshots in the OpenEXR format, enabling you to view high-dynamic range, super-resolution screenshots at the highest possible fidelity. Or you can export in OpenEXR to work with the image in editing tools like Adobe Photoshop to further adjust the look of your screen captures.
- 360-degree Capture — With Ansel you can also capture 360° panoramic screenshots. It automatically stitches the 360° panorama in mono or stereo so you can view them in Google Cardboard, on your PC or in a VR headset. For Cardboard users, we’ve released the NVIDIA VR Viewer bundled with Ansel 360 Capture screenshots that you can view today. Download the app and check it out!
Ansel technology is coming soon to a number of top games including The Witcher 3, No Man’s Sky, The Witness, and more.