At MWC 2019 last week, Nokia announced its flagship smartphone, the Nokia 9 PureView. The main highlight of the device is its 5-camera setup on the back, these five 12 MP cameras can collect up to 10 times more light when compared to a single camera color sensor in regular smartphones. As a result, you will be able to take photos with great dynamic range that capture detail and texture from both the highlights and shadows and incredible depth-of-field. The Nokia 9 PureView is now available for just $599 in the US. For this price, you also get a mophie 10,500mAh portable power bank and Huawei Band 3e Activity & Running Tracker for free. You can find the listing here.
Nokia 9 PureView camera setup highlights:
- Five 12 MP cameras with ZEISS Optics
- Exceptional dynamic range in every shot. HDR images and video captured with Nokia 9 PureView feature exceptional dynamic range, preserving the details within the highlights and shadows alike.
- Incredible depth-of-field – adjust the focus after the shot. Using depth mode, Nokia 9 PureView can identify over 1,200 layers which it uses to build a detailed depth map.
- Native black-and-white photography. Three f/1.8 monochrome sensors enable native monochrome mode.
- Shoot and edit RAW DNG photos on the phone. You can download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for powerful RAW photo editing and a heap of creative tools on your phone.
- Make real-time adjustments in the Pro Camera UI with control over white balance, ISO, shutter speed and exposure times of up to 10 seconds
The device is built from machined aluminum and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor along with imaging co-processor from Light. It comes with a 5.99” edge-to-edge pOLED QHD display with 2K resolution that supports HDR10. You can also record 4K HDR videos with Spatial audio capture using this device. The device also features an in-display finger print sensor and is also wireless charging enabled.
You can order the new Nokia 9 PureView here.