Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Larry Hryb just announced that Microsoft is starting to roll out several feature updates inspired by your feedback to the broader community. These features launched to Xbox Insiders last month, and the team is excited for the broader community to start using them today. Today’s update doesn’t include everything though. The team is still working hard to ship several other features to the broader community, including the ability to select the audio input and output sources for Party Chat, Kinect auto-zoom for Beam and Twitch broadcasts, and Captive Portal support for wireless internet. All of the changes coming to Xbox Live today are as follows:
Profile and Activity Feed
- New ‘Join broadcast’ button in your profile, one of the many ways to access the game stream of someone broadcasting their gameplay.
- In your Activity Feed, we’re adding the ability to hide individual posts, pin posts to the top of your feed, and filter posts by friends, games or Clubs.
Clubs and Looking for Group (LFG)
- When you create an LFG post, as the owner you will be able to see new vetting cards that include hero stats from gamers interested in joining your party. Hero stats are contextual to the game you’re playing, showing you relevant stats like kill/death ratio, rank, or score.
- Achievement hunters, this one is for you! You will be able to search LFG posts from the Achievements tab, related to the Achievement you’re trying to finish.
- We’re adding the number of open LFG posts to the Game Hub and Club Hub headers.
- Have you made a successful LFG post that you want to create again? Now you can see previous LFG posts that you have created, participated or shown interest in, and can copy them to create new posts.
- When creating an LFG post, see all the recent tags you’ve used and easily select them.
- Club owners and admins will be identified and labeled in their text posts to better help them stand out and manage their community.
- Club owners and admins can pin a post at the top of their Club feed.
My Games and Apps, and Settings
- In ‘My Games and Apps,’ we’re adding the ability to filter your game library by platform – Xbox One and Xbox 360.
The console still has a few steps to go until it’s completely user-friendly but today’s changes definitely help in a large way. The tweaks to Clubs and LFG have to be the most significant. Hopefully Microsoft will continue the trend of fast updates in the future because there are still a lot of odd glitches in the Creators Update.