Developer Marco Bellino has updated his Navifirm + app, which replaces the functionality of the now defunct Nokia Navifirm app, to version 2.8.
The app, which allows users to download official Nokia Lumia ROMs from Nokia’s servers, has the following fixes and improvements:
- Improved: client/server transfer speed
- Improved: registry is not used anymore. Username, password and GUI settings are now saved in the Config_v3.xml (.NET Framework will store it under %LOCALAPPDATA%)
- Fixed: important issue in cache management of hidden variants and current variants: were cached using the very same data.
- Fixed: some NaviFirm+ settings were lost after an automatic update.
- Fixed: the welcome box containing the recent changes was not showed after an automatic update.
- Fixed: detect and removes empty server responses from the cache
The free app can be downloaded here, but is limited to downloading the latest version. After a donation the app can download all the available ROMs.
Read more about the app at Symbian-toys.com here.