Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Windows 10 version 19045.0 or higher users can now download Windows Dev Home Preview v0.9 and install it on their PCs.
Last year, Microsoft introduced Dev Home, a new app for developers on Windows which will allow them to monitor projects using customizable widgets, set up dev environment by downloading apps, packages, or repositories, connect to their developer accounts and tools (such as GitHub), and more. Since its launch, Dev Home app was available only on PCs running Windows 11. Yesterday, Microsoft released Dev Home Preview v0.9 which brings support for Windows 10 PCs.
Windows 10 version 19045.0 or higher users can now download Windows Dev Home Preview v0.9 and install it on their PCs. Unfortunately, when upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, the created widgets will not persist on Dev Home’s dashboard.
Microsoft Dev Home app features:
- Use the centralized dashboard with customizable widgets to monitor workflows, track your dev projects, coding tasks, GitHub issues, pull requests, available SSH connections, and system CPU, GPU, Memory, and Network performance.
- Use the Machine configuration tool to set up your development environment on a new device or onboard a new dev project.
- Use Dev Home extensions to set up widgets that display developer-specific information. Create and share your own custom-built extensions.
- Create a Dev Drive to store your project files and Git repositories.
You can download Windows Dev Home app here for Windows 10 PCs and Windows 11 PCs.