Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft yesterday reveled that Xbox One saw record sales during this Black Friday season. They specifically mentioned that they saw record Xbox One sales in the U.S. and Xbox Store sales worldwide, with record engagement from Xbox fans around the world over Black Friday week.
Check out the highlights below.
- Xbox fans around the world spent a total of 325 million hours gaming on Xbox Live this past week. Hours spent playing games on Xbox One last week were up 196 percent compared to Black Friday week in 2014, and time spent using Xbox apps increased a whopping 321 percent.***
- Worldwide Xbox Black Friday sales in the Xbox Store broke records with an increase of 57 percent across Xbox One and Xbox 360, global Xbox Live Gold subscriptions were up over 40 percent, and U.S. Xbox One console sales at retail were up 22 percent over the same period last year, making it the second biggest Black Friday week in 15 years of Xbox history in the U.S.
- Total paid unique users in the Xbox Store also broke records with an increase of 55 percent across Xbox One and Xbox 360 compared to Black Friday week last year, with 88 percent growth on Xbox One alone.
- Hardware is hot this holiday – the Xbox One 500GB Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle was the best-selling Xbox console bundle. The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller has been met with high demand and was sold out at most major U.S. retailers since launch and we are working hard with retailers to replenish stock.
- Gamers have logged more than 4 million hours playing Xbox 360 games on Xbox One since Backward Compatibility launched on Nov. 12.