Not a surprise here. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Repairability Score from iFixit is 2 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair). Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 device had repairability score of 1 out of 10. So, it is an improvement from last generation.
- The SSD is replaceable.
- The battery is not soldered to the motherboard, but very strong adhesive makes removal and replacement a hazardous chore.
- Non-standard connectors make for tricky display removal.
- The display removal procedure, while difficult, and required for any repair, is not as hard as in previous generations, due to less stubborn adhesive.
- The display assembly consists of a fused glass panel and LCD, and is difficult to remove and replace.
- Adhesive holds many components in place, including the display and battery.
You can order Surface Pro 4 from the below links,
Actually, you don’t have to really worry about repairing Surface Pro 4 on your own as Microsoft Support is always there and it is also one of the most reliable devices out there.