Along with the announcement that they are increasing the support lifecycle time for Windows Phone 8 devices from 18 months to 36 months, Microsoft also announced that they are releasing a enterprise feature pack update for Windows Phone 8 devices in the first half of 2014. This update will enable IT departments with more control over Windows Phone devices of their employees.
The enterprise feature pack will include:
- S/MIME to sign and encrypt email
- Access to corporate resources behind the firewall with app aware, auto-triggered VPN
- Enterprise Wi-Fi support with EAP-TLS
- Enhanced MDM policies to lock down functionality on the phone for more enterprise control, in addition to richer application management such as allowing or denying installation of certain apps
- Certificate management to enroll, update, and revoke certificates for user authentication
Source: Windows Team Blog