Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
The Xbox One will soon let you set a custom gamerpics for your profile on Xbox Live. The new feature is coming with Windows 10 version 1704 for the Xbox One, and Microsoft was supposed to start testing the update with Xbox Insiders recently. Unfortunately, that didn’t go according to the plan, and Microsoft had to delay the release of custom gamerpics on Xbox One recently.
As we reported last week, Microsoft is now planning to release support for custom gamerpics sometime this week. Today, however, Redmond has provided a slightly more specific release date for the feature — according to Xbox’s Brad Rossetti, the company is now planning for a Wednesday release.
Rossetti also announced that Redmond will be rolling out a new build to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha Ring at 2:00 PM PDT (that’s 21:00 GMT). The new build is 15063.2019 (rs2_release_xbox_1704.170407-2038) and includes a bug fix for the OOBE, Guide, and more:
- OOBE – System update Fixed a situation in which OOBE could fail a complete setup leaving the console with the default time and no profiles loaded.
- Guide Fixed a situation in which the Guide was not displaying all the icons
- Localization Fixes Miscellaneous localization fixes
- Voice Navigation Fixed an issue with voice navigation of Settings menu
- Settings – Display & sound The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
We will let you know when custom gamerpics are available on Xbox — in the meantime, if you are an Xbox Insider in the Alpha ring, make sure to install the latest build and grab the fixes.