Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft has rolled out patches to Windows 10 Mobile users on the Creators Update and the Anniversary Update, after rolling out updates to users on Feature 2 last week.
The changes to look for are 15063.966 and 14393.2126 which will fix the broken PDF functionality in Microsoft Edge, like its earlier counterpart.
Otherwise, users can expect some subset of the following features.
The complete changelog is here.
Addresses issue with printing XML documents in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses issue where Internet Explorer stops working when using F12-based developer tools.
- Updates legacy Document Mode cell visibility in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue where Internet Explorer is unresponsive in certain scenarios when a Browser Helper Object is installed.
- Addresses issue that causes online video playback to stop responding.
- Addresses issue where, after installing KB4056891, KB4057144, or KB4074592 on a server, you may not be able to access SMB shared files in directory junction points or volume mount points hosted on that server. The error is “ERROR_INVALID_REPARSE_DATA”. As a result, editing some group policies using GPMC or AGPM 4.0 may fail with the error “The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071128)”.
- Due to recent work with our antivirus (AV) partners, AV software has now reached a sustained level of broad compatibility with Windows updates. After analyzing the available data, we’re lifting the AV compatibility check for the March 2018 Windows security updates for supported Windows 10 devices through Windows Update. We’ll continue to require that AV software be compatible. Devices with known AV driver compatibility problems will be blocked from updates. We recommend that customers check installed AV software compatibility with their AV provider.
- Addresses issue in which WPF applications that are running on touch or stylus-enabled systems may stop working or stop responding after some time without any touch activity.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Microsoft Graphics component, Windows Kernel, Windows Shell, Windows MSXML, Windows Installer, and Windows Hyper-V.