Microsoft today released an updated Remote Desktop (RD) app for macOS devices in Apple App Store. This new update comes with all new UI design, improvements to connection management, and new functionalities for remote session. Find the list of new features below.
- When connecting to a PC or Server remotely you can redirect printers today into a remote session. With the new app the following additional devices can be enabled:
- Redirect your local microphone
- Redirect smart cards
- You can now use the MacOS keyboard shortcuts to cut, copy, and paste in a remote session.
- They have made the following UI improvements:
- Assign desktop connections to custom groups.
- Easily identify active connections in the connection center.
- Manage a single list of user accounts in the preferences of the app.
- Store multiple entries of the same username with different passwords.
Download it here from App Store.