Microsoft today released a new cumulative update for Windows 10. The latest update, KB3097617 brings a bunch of fixes related to security and we suspect the build also brings some other under the hood changes. According to Microsoft, this update for Windows 10 includes “functionality improvements and resolves the vulnerabilities in Windows that are described in the following Microsoft security bulletins and advisory”:
- KB3096447 MS15-111: Security Update for Windows Kernel to address elevation of privilege: October 13, 2015
- KB3096443 MS15-109: Security update for Windows Shell to address remote code execution: October 13, 2015
- KB3096448 MS15-107: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: October 13, 2015
- KB3096441 MS15-106: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: October 13, 2015
- KB3097966 Microsoft security advisory: Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing: October 13, 2015
To get the latest update, just open up the Settings app, head over to Updates and Security, and then check for updates to grab the latest cumulative update.