Microsoft today released the Lumia Denim update for AT&T Lumia 1520 owners. Lumia Denim brings a bunch of new features to the Lumia 1520, such as:
- Lumia Camera – Replacing Nokia Camera, Lumia Camera is faster and more intuitive than before to make the best camera experience, even better.
- Speed – Pocket to capture speeds are superfast, and it only takes milliseconds going from shot to shot.
- Moment Capture – A long press of the camera button starts 4K-quality video recording at 24 FPS. With each frame at 8.3 megapixels, you can save individual frames as high quality still images.
- Rich Capture – Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash are now welcomed into the already impressive feature set. Shoot first and adjust the camera settings later for that perfect photo.
- Improved image processing algorithms – Updated to give you clearer photos, even in lowlight.
- “Hey Cortana” Voice Activation – Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say “Hey Cortana” while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate.This is possible thanks to the SensorCore technology.
- Glance Screen – Compatible Lumia devices can now show more at a glance with Bing Weather, or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications and application data.
For those of you who’re interested, the update comes with Windows Phone 8.10.14219.341 and the firmware version is 02540.00019.14484.37028. Have you received Lumia Denim for your AT&T Lumia 1520? Let us know in the comment section below!
UPDATE: Microsoft has also released Lumia Denim update for the Lumia 1520 owners in India. The update operating system version is 8.10.14234.375, and the firmware is 02540.00019.15053.26003. If you’ve a Lumia 1520 in India, you should now be able to update to Lumia Denim!
Thanks for the tip, Aakash Sharma!