Microsoft today announced the release of Azure PaaS services for Azure Stack and a refresh to Azure Stack TP3. Microsoft last month released Azure Stack Technical Preview 3 (TP3) with support for more modern application capabilities along with infrastructure and security enhancements. Azure Stack now also supports the cloud economic model on-premises with pay-as-you-use pricing. Today’s update comes with support for Azure App Service, Azure functions and more.
- Azure App Service (Web apps, API apps, and Mobile apps)
- Azure Functions
- Updated versions of SQL/MySQL database services
New to App Service this release:
- Azure Functions preview for AAD based deployments
- Deployment in disconnected environments
- Deployment on ADFS authenticated Azure Stack
- Installation and deployment improvements
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) API version 2016-03-01 support for App Services
- Synchronization of SKUs with Azure – i.e. Free (F1), Shared (D1), and Standard (S1, S2, S3)
- Service reliability improvements
Learn more about this announcement here.