Microsoft is raising the price of its online gaming service in Canada, a full $10. Following the lead of Sony, Xbox Live services will be increased from $59.99 to $69.99. The cost of six-month, three-month and one-month subscriptions are likewise going up to $44.99, $29.99 and $11.99, respectively.
The change will happen on February 28th, however those who have a subscription scheduled to renew before that date will be charged the current pricing of $59.99.
In an email, Microsoft told subscribers:
“After carefully evaluating the currency changes within Canada, and with the understanding that our offerings always provide a balance of service and value for our customers, we will be adjusting the price of our Xbox Live Gold subscriptions,”
Xbox Live benefits include:
- Enables online multiplayer on Xbox One and Xbox 360, so you can play games online with friends
- Get FREE Xbox One and Xbox 360 games every month – worth up to $700 per year
- Receive exclusive discounts of up to 75% off games, add-ons, and more in the Xbox Store
- Powered by hundreds of thousands of servers that maximize performance and reduce lag
- All future Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One