Microsoft today announced the release of PowerToys v0.33.1 with improved localization, new onboarding experience and quality improvements. Microsoft mentioned that the Video Conference utility is coming in the next release.
Find the full change log of PowerToys v0.33.1 release below:
- Updated overview links to be language agnostic to the docs site.
- ‘First time load’ experience. The hope is a quick, light way to learn about basic functionality. We have some more work to do and want to also use the same framework for teaching about updates as well.
- Localization corrections
- Adjusted editor UX based on feedback.
- New options to change zone activation algorithm.
- Improved how SVG images are previewed in the preview pane.
- Proof of concept for using Monaco editor for previewing dev files. This will enable over 125+ file types.
- Plugin Manager now is in settings. You can directly turn on / off, include items in general search, and change the action key!
- Improved support for additional window managers by abstracting out shell process calls.
- Fix for PT Run registering the hotkey on non-supported OS versions.
~will now act as the user home directory in Folder plugin.
- Service plugin has adjusted status messages
Video Conference Mute (Experimental)
- Adjust video muting to leverage DirectShow.
- Goal is to have 0.34 experimental release week of March 8th.
- When restarting as admin, the settings now will reopen.
- Investigation on how we’ll accomplish Settings with the XAML Island and WPF app.