Microsoft today released a new beta build for Microsoft Launcher app for Android devices. This v4.6 beta update comes with Cortana integration. Similar to how you use the regular Cortana app, you can use Cortana in Microsoft Launcher to make call, schedule meetings, control system setting, etc. Following Cortana features are available in this build,
- Learn what Cortana is able to do through tips and suggestion
- Invoke Cortana from Feed Cortana card, Search bar, shortcut, Double click up gesture and long press on home button(need manually setting)
- Use Cortana to finish your basic phone tasks like call, SMS, app launching & voice search
- Use Cortana to make your phone personalized like change wallpaper, change accent color or theme
- Use Cortana to send your pictures to your PC
- Chitchat with Cortana
- Sync Cortana reminder with Launcher To-Do
- Use Cortana to facilitate your work: create/query/view your meetings, remind you the commitment in the email
- Read news using Cortana
- Control system setting through Cortana
This beta build also comes with several other features. For enterprise users, Intune integration now supports remote data-wiping. Microsoft Launcher now supports Arabic/RTL languages. In addition to the above, Microsoft has made following small improvements to the Launcher.
- Daily Bing wallpaper apply to home screen or lock screen or both
- Choose what contacts to display on your People card
- Place widgets into the dock
- Pin searched app/contact to home screen
You can download the Microsoft Launcher beta app here from Play Store.
December last year, Microsoft announced its partnership with Cheetah Mobile, a leading Android app developer to distribute Cortana digital assistant to millions of Android devices. Cheetah Mobile has several popular apps in Play Store and it includes apps like Clean Master, CM Launcher 3D and Cheetah Keyboard. I guess we will Microsoft Launcher-like Cortana integration in all these apps in the coming months.