Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, Microsoft has announced that they are making improvements to the guest user experience in Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft will be making the following changes:
- A guest user can now decline a pending guest invitation within Teams app
- When the guest user clicks Decline, Teams Tenant List will not show the tenant with the pending invitation and in the Account Management tab
- A guest user can now initiate leaving an org (taking the user to the portal where the user can now leave a guest tenant)
- When the guest user clicks Leave Org, user will be guided on how to leave a tenant from Teams and Azure Portal
- A guest user can now manage guest tenant list by choosing to hide/show guest tenants
- When the guest user clicks Hide/Show, the tenant will be shown (or hidden) in the Menu under the tenant list.
The changes will have no effect on guest user permission and/or access to resources.
Microsoft expects to begin rolling out the improvements in early December to the Desktop and Web app and expect the rollout to be completed by late December.