Microsoft Azure PlayFab is a backend platform for live games with managed game services, real-time analytics, and LiveOps. Microsoft today announced that they are dropping the price of Azure PlayFab Party by up to 90%. PlayFab Party enables developer to easily to include a low-latency chat and data communication to their games. You can learn more about Azure PlayFab here.
PlayFab Party features:
- Free when used on Xbox network: PlayFab Party is available at no cost when used by an Xbox authenticated player across any device Xbox identity supports (Xbox, PC, iOS, and Android)
- Cross-platform communication: Voice and chat solution for Windows, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, iOS, Android and Stadia
- Cross-platform mesh: Allocate Party relays in the lowest latency region or select regions yourself, choosing from Azure regions distributed across the globe.
- Real-time audio manipulation: Access raw voice audio data to apply cool effects using popular aftermarket software like Wwise or FMOD, or using your own solution
- Unity and Unreal middleware support: Integrate PlayFab Party quickly and scale to millions of players
- Built for accessibility: Meet and exceed your game’s accessibility needs (CVAA compliance) with real-time transcription and speech synthesis powered by Azure cognitive services
- Grow inclusive and diverse communities: Harness the power of real-time speech-to-text translation available in 60+ languages.