Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft today appointed Rob Behennah as the new General Manager for its Services Group in Asia Pacific, effective 21 November, 2016. Rob will be responsible for the strategy, consulting and support of Microsoft’s Enterprise Customers across 12 countries in the Asia Pacific region. He succeeds David Vander, who has been promoted to Worldwide Industry Lead for Microsoft Services.
Rob was previously at Salesforce where he has spent the last four years in regional leadership positions. Most recently, he was Senior Vice President of the Customer Success Group for Japan, and prior to this, held a similar position in their Australia and New Zealand business.
“I am extremely passionate about customer success and excited to have this opportunity to lead Microsoft’s Services team in Asia Pacific, especially during this time of transformation for the company. I look forward to helping businesses tap the potential of new technologies to drive their digital transformation process through creative solutions,” Behennah said.
Microsoft also highlighted that Rob Behennah is one of several senior, high-profile industry executives who have chosen to join Microsoft in the last 18 months:
- In February, Samsung SDS’ President and CEO, Alfred Koh (Soondong Koh) left the company to join Microsoft Korea as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- In December 2015, Managing Director for Asia Pacific and Japan of Google’s Cloud Platform, Ricky Kapur, left the company to join Microsoft as General Manager for its Enterprise and Partner Group in Asia Pacific.
- In October 2015, Area Vice President of Salesforce, Simon Davies, left the company to join Microsoft as Vice President of its Business Solutions division.
- In July 2015, Dell’s Vice President of Asia Pacific and Japan, Barrie Sheers joined Microsoft New Zealand as Managing Director.
- In April 2015, K Raman, Oracle Corporation’s Regional Managing Director for ASEAN and South Asia Growth Economies joined Microsoft Malaysia as its new Managing Director.
President of Microsoft Asia, Ralph Haupter commented: “Asia Pacific continues to be one of the fastest-growing and most important regions for Microsoft, offering unprecedented opportunity, a unique set of challenges and amazing diversity. We need strong leaders to realize the potential in this region and, in Rob, I believe we have secured the best. He is a seasoned, highly-capable business leader that brings relevant and valuable industry experience. Most importantly, he is deeply passionate about enabling success for our customers, partners and employees.”