Excel 2016 comes with a set of features called Get & Transform, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities. Get & Transform allows users to connect, combine, and refine data sources to meet their analysis needs. Microsoft today announced six new data transformation and connectivity features for Get & Transform that have been requested by many customers.
These updates include the following new or improved data connectivity and transformation features:
- New OLE DB connector.
- Enhanced “Combine Binaries” experience when importing from any folder.
- Maximize/Restore buttons in the Navigator and Query Dependencies dialogs.
- Support for percentage data type.
- Improved “Function Authoring” experience.
- Improved performance for OData connector.
These updates are available for free as part of an Office 365 subscription. Read about all these improvements in detail here.