Is Copilot the best AI companion out there? Help us find out by answering a couple of quick questions!
Microsoft today announced a new feature called Battery Limit for Surface devices from Surface Pro 3. This feature is targeted towards scenarios where Surface devices will be docked and charging all day long. When this feature is enabled, the battery controller will limit total charge to a maximum 50%. This preserves the battery’s ability to take and hold a charge while it’s connected to external power for a long period of time.
Microsoft is now recommending this feature to be enabled for Surface devices integrated into solutions like kiosks where they are constantly connected to an external power supply. The Battery Limit feature is available now for Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4 and will be coming to other Surface devices in the upcoming updates. If you have Surface Pro 3 or Surface Pro 4 device, make sure to download the following updates to enjoy this feature.
Surface Pro 3
- Surface UEFI v3.11.2550.0 adds the Battery Limit feature.
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware v126.96.36.199 adds the Battery Limit feature.
- Surface Integration v2.0.1350.0 adds the Battery Limit feature.
Surface Pro 4
- Surface UEFI v108.2318.769.0 adds the Battery Limit feature.
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware v103.2241.256.0 adds the Battery Limit feature.
- Surface Integration v188.8.131.52 adds the Battery Limit feature.