Office 365 already offers an archiving solution that covers email, documents in SharePoint and OneDrive for Business, and Skype for Business meetings and conversations. In the modern enterprise, there are lots of other data. So, customers asked Microsoft to provide the same rich archiving capabilities over non-Microsoft data sources, such as social and messaging data, as well. To solve this request, Microsoft is today announcing partnerships with two popular vendors in the archiving space: Actiance and Globanet.
Office 365 extends its rich and comprehensive archiving solution to cover a wide array of third-party data sources:
- Social — Twitter, Facebook, Yammer, LinkedIn, etc.
- Instant messaging — Yahoo Messenger, GoogleTalk, Cisco Jabber, etc.
- Document collaboration — Box, DropBox, etc.
- Verticals — SalesForce Chatter, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, etc.
- SMS/text messaging — BlackBerry, MobileGuard, etc.
The entire compliance stack in Office 365—eDiscovery, Retention, Hold, eDiscovery and Auditing—will have access to these new data sources. Both Microsoft as well as non-Microsoft data will be treated alike throughout the system.
Read more about it here.