Microsoft today released a pretty sweet update for the Windows App Studio. With the latest update, the company is adding a new WordPress Data and a some new themes, too. The new WordPress Data Source will allow users to show the latest content from their WordPress blog. Alongside the new WordPress Data Source, Microsoft is also adding the ability to show Related Content on their app. Here is what else is new:
- WordPress Data Source – We introduced a new WordPress data source that lets you connect your app to your WordPress blog. It pulls in content and displays it beautifully in your app so you can free your blog from the web and get it in front of 110+ million Windows 10 users by publishing it to the Store.
- Related Content – Did you ever want to show related content in a section (such as speaker information for an event listing in a Convention app, or comments from a blog post)? Now it can be easily done in Windows App Studio Beta. This feature opens up new use cases and we will show them off in new templates in the future.
- Microsoft Advertising – It’s great to have people using and enjoying your app, but it’s even better when those eyeballs translate into revenue! Now included is the Microsoft Ad control, which means you can now place advertising in your app to make money from people using it.
- New Carousel Control – Sometimes you want to showcase a selection of images in your app. The Carousel lets you display a number of hero images in a single section that behave like a slideshow.
- Improved Section Design Features – We added a few more features to help make your apps look great. Now you can change the background and adjust the hero image for each section individually and choose how each section appears on the default/home section of your app.
- WordPress Template – Showcases the new WordPress data source and is an excellent way for you to break out of the web and bring your WordPress blog to the Windows platform and Store
- Events Template – This template uses the new Related Content feature to help you build an informative app for all of your event attendees.
- My Shop Template – Leverage our new design features in this template and show off your catalog of products. This template also adapts nicely to portfolio situations for photographers, artists, designers, and anyone who creates or sells content.
The latest update for Windows App Studio is, indeed, pretty exciting. Microsoft has been improving this tool since the launch of Windows 10, and it’s getting better with every new update. If you want to create your own app but don’t want to code a lot, make sure to try out Windows App Studio here.