Microsoft today released a new update KB3035129 for Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows Server Technical Preview. This update rollup package provides a collection of performance and reliability improvements.
This update rollup included the following collection of improvements:
- Reliability improvements for virtual machine live migrations
- Reliability improvements to prevent some system crashes in SettingsSyncHost.exe
- Reliability improvements to prevent possible data corruption
- Increased power efficiency to extend battery life
- A fix for an issue that prevents the new Store (Beta) from appearing on the taskbar
- A fix for an issue that could cause users to remain at the “Please Wait” screen when attempting to sign in with a Smart Card connected
- A fix for an issue that could cause virtual machines (VMs) to lose connectivity to virtual hard drives (VHDs)
- A fix for an issue that could cause error 0x8E5E05E2 when installing apps
- A fix for an issue that could cause a delay when opening a new tab in Internet Explorer
- A fix for an issue that could cause the system to fail to resume from sleep when connected to multiple monitors with some graphics drivers
- A fix for an issue that could cause the Start Menu to be improperly registered and fail to launch
- A fix for an issue that prevents launching XBOX Live enabled games that require sign-in, and would incorrectly result in the message, “To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it.”
- A fix for an issue that could present the user with the incorrect End-User License Agreement (EULA) during upgrade
After installing this update on Build 9926, Windows update started downloading Windows 10 Build 9932 and it failed to install it. Microsoft acknowledged that this is an issue from their side. They exposed a build to Windows Insiders which was meant only for Microsoft employees.
“Yep, looks like this is on us – we’re exposing some build offers that we shouldn’t – sorry, only MSFT can get…Yup, you’re right. the KB exposed this. Don’t change your branch or you could fall off accidentally and not get next flight.”
Microsoft has fixed the issue which downloaded Windows 10 Build 9932 and you can install this update to Windows 10 Build 9926 for improved experience.