Facebook today announced Facebook Pay, an unified payment experience that works across Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp. Instead of storing payment details in each of these apps, you can now setup once and use it everywhere for shopping, sending money to others and more.
What you can get with Facebook Pay:
- Add your preferred payment method once then use Facebook Pay where available to make payments and purchases on our apps, instead of having to re-enter your payment information each time
- Set up Facebook Pay app-by-app, or choose to set it up for use across apps (where available) — that means we won’t automatically set up Facebook Pay across the apps you are active on, unless you choose to do so
- View payment history, manage payment methods and update your settings in one place
- Get real-time customer support via live chat in the US (and in more places around the world in the future)
- Clearly understand which payment services are part of Facebook
Facebook is rolling out this new Facebook Pay experience on Facebook and Messenger this week in the US. Over the coming weeks, Facebook Pay will be available on Instagram and WhatsApp.